The company has been supporting the Volkswagen Group's procurement activities since 2007. Series procurement, which procures parts for the Group's 57 production sites in 13 different countries, has a huge turnover, reaching nearly €2.5 billion in 2021. Series procurement is responsible for around 33,000 series parts, which are purchased from nearly 2,000 supplier sites in Asia, Europe and America for Volkswagen, Audi and Volkswagen Commercial Vehicles. This is a huge responsibility, and one that can only be met if a balance is struck between practical solutions and long-term strategies. Our colleagues working in procurement apply intensive pricing to ensure a customer-centered price/quality ratio for our products and make it possible for our customers to access innovations. They also guarantee the availability of procurement goods to meet customer needs and expectations.
Procurement specialists in Győr are responsible not only for vehicle parts, but also for providing raw materials, equipment, machinery, working clothes and services for the day-to-day operation of the company. Our employees in the area carry out the following tasks:
- Getting the right quality goods, materials and services at the right price and at the right time
- Competitive tendering of suppliers
- Commercial evaluation of suppliers' offers
- Price negotiations with suppliers
- Issuing orders and concluding contracts
- Tracking orders
- Handling customer complaints
- Maintaining contact with existing suppliers
- Market research, benchmarking
- Procurement specialists do not specialize in regions and areas, but in products for which they need to know every little detail, specification and even the manufacturing technology. As a result, their work is very closely intertwined with the work of the different partner areas: when making a procurement decision, they must take into account various aspects such as those of quality assurance, logistics, development and sustainability. Their common approach is to exploit potential for efficiency and cost optimization. Procurement is a cross-Group responsibility. This makes the work of procurement specialists extremely complex, but also incredibly exciting and varying.
- They negotiate, make decisions and influence the company's results. In order to quickly understand the processes, complex thinking, even years in advance is a basic requirement.
- Audi Hungaria's Procurement department is divided into General Procurement, Series Procurement for Group-wide needs, the Regional Office for the Eastern European market and Cost and Value Analysis.
- Check out our current open positions at www.audi.hu/beszerzes!
- If you want to see what a typical day at Procurement is like, check out our video!