“Further improvement of environmental performance by reducing emissions, by the use of more and more ecological an economical solutions as well as by the continuous re-consideration and optimisation of existing processes…”; thus sounded the definition of the objectives for the year 2002 of AUDI HUNGARIA MOTOR Kft.
The major environmental goal of AUDI HUNGARIA MOTOR Kft is to continuously improve its environmental performance. In the spirit of this goal, we continuously survey and analyse our environmental factors and impacts, and determine the necessary preventive or end-of-pipe measures according to their priority.
We give account of the most important environmental activities of AUDI HUNGARIA MOTOR Kft and the related plans in our Environmental Statement every year. In the following, we review our most important measures taken in order to improve our environmental performance:
- Operation and continuous development of the environmental management system
- Scientific analysis of environmental factors and impacts, and setting priorities for them
- Environmental training of our colleagues, use of internal communication for teaching environmentally aware thinking
- Changes in technology for improving environmental performance (e.g.: minimal lubrication procedure, cold-test engine running, etc.)
- Operation and continuous optimisation of a complex waste management conception, continuous increase of the waste recycling ratio
- Establishment and operation of an energy management system
- Circulation of cooling/lubricating emulsions and waters for washing in a closed system
- Keeping records of emission inventory, minimisation of emissions with air cleaning and filtering equipment
- Recovery of thermal energy used for heating from the air of the hall
- Operation of a water monitoring system
- Technical protection of sewer systems
- Carrying our annual measurements to survey the conditions of each element of the environment